I digitally subscribe to Miniature Wargames Magazine and I did not get the additional character cards. What was provided? Is there a way to get the cards to play the scenarios as part of Operation Archery.
It was supposed to be in the May issue... there is one free card that comes with the magazine, but as far as I'm aware the only way to get it is with the magazine, I'm not even sure I'll get one myself...
In any case there will be plenty of cards to play that and lots of other scenarios in the upcoming kickstarter for cards only, watch this space!
BTW, do you like the Operation Archery article? I'm hoping to release figures as well as cards for it, and maybe publish it all together with some terrain as a mission pack, some time next year... any and all feedback is always welcome!
I liked the article. The scenario, background, OOBs, etc. are wonderful. The scope increase is a bit daunting when my experience is playing a handful of games with 4-7 characters per side. I do have some questions:
- How many ATs per side do you recommend? With a recommended 25 & 16 models per side and 6 turns...5 ATs a turn seems too low.
- Cards for both Allied and Axis...
* German character cards for Gefreiter or MG Ammo Carrier with rifle (6), Gunner with MG34 (8), Assist. Gunner w./ luger (5)?
* Brit and Norwegians? I think the following Amer. cards can be used...
> John - carbine (9) = Cpl w/ Sten > Dean, Harry & Frank - rifle (6) = Assist.Gunners & riflemen
* But what about Lt. w/ Sten (12), radio operator w/rifle (8), Sgt. w/ sten (10), sniper w/M30 (8), demo specialist w/revolver (8), medic w/rifle (9), Gunner w/ LMG
5 AT is ok. It would be increased to 6 by officers, I'll post some beta rules for these shortly here! I would not suggest more because that only slows down the pace of the game... remember that the number of AT you get to spend in a turn is not all you can do, is all you can do before your opponent gets a chance to do something about it. You have to choose your priorities and you can have and spend many more AT in a single turn, but only if you manage not to spend them and bank them in the turns before. That is the key!
Cards for all Characters needed will be made available soon, they will be included in the upcoming kickstarter campaign in May!